The Suite Attendant is responsible for serving guests in the Suites. The Suite Attendant must be personable and able to work in an ever- changing fast-paced environment.
The employee must maintain excellent attendance and be available to work events as scheduled per business need.
Essential Job Functions:
• Responsible for serving meals to guests in the suites.
• Responsible for serving beverages to guests including alcoholic beverages. Must check guest’s ID to verify minimum age requirement for the purchase of alcoholic beverages.
• Responsible for recording a guest’s order and relaying the order to the kitchen via P.O.S. system.
• Responsible for observing guests to respond to any additional requests and determine when the meal has been completed.
• Responsible for computing the cost of the meal and presenting the guest with the check. Accept payments and provide change as necessary.
• Responsible for cleaning up remaining food product and equipment after the guests have left.
• Recommends certain dishes and identifies ingredients or explains how various items on the menu are prepared.
• Maintains sanitation, health and safety standards in work areas.
• Must show demonstrated ability to meet the company standard for excellent attendance.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate with employees, co-workers, volunteers, management staff and guests in a clear, business-like and respectful manner which focuses on generating a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative work environment.
• Ability to speak, read and write in English.
• Ability to work well in a team-oriented, fast-paced, event-driven environment.
• Possess valid food handling certificate and alcohol service permit if required by state and federal regulations.
• Ability to calculate basic math functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages) as related to cash/credit transactions and cash reconciliation.
• Ability to handle cash accurately and responsibly.
Education, Qualifications, and Experience:
Fine dining and/or banquet experience preferred.
Note: The statement herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.