The Concession Cook is responsible for preparing concession menu items utilizing cooking equipment in a fast-paced environment. The Concession Cook must adhere to high food quality standards to ensure guest satisfaction. Portion control, food waste and sanitation are additional areas that the Concession Cook must be aware of while operating in the concession stand.
The employee must maintain excellent attendance and be available to work events as scheduled per business need.
Essential Job Functions:
• Responsible for cooking and packaging food product which is prepared to order or kept warm until sold.
• Receives verbal orders from the front counter staff for food product requirements for guest orders.
• Responsible for maintaining quality and production standards on all menu items. Food must be fresh and of high quality when served to the guests.
• Responsible for portion control and serving temperatures of all products served in the concession stand.
• Responsible for cleaning, stocking and restocking of workstations and displays.
• Responsible for operating large-volume cooking equipment such as grills, deep-fat fryers and ovens.
• Ensures that all work areas and equipment are clean, food products are properly stored, utensils are clean and put away and floor is swept and mopped at end of shift. The Concession Cook must be checked out before ending the shift by the Floor Supervisor to ensure the concession stand meets cleanliness standards.
• Maintains sanitation, health and safety standards in work areas.
• Must show demonstrated ability to meet the company standard for excellent attendance.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate with employees, co-workers, volunteers, management staff and guests in a clear, business-like and respectful manner which focuses on generating a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative work environment.
• Ability to speak, read and write in English.
• Ability to work well in a team-oriented, fast-paced, event-driven environment.
• Possess valid food handling certificate if required by state and federal regulations.
Education, Qualifications, and Experience:
Experience working as a cook in a fast food environment is required.
Note: The statement herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.